Seasonal Income Tax Preparer
Krestel & Van Hamme is looking to hire a motivated and experienced Income Tax Preparer for the 2023 tax season. This is a seasonal contract position beginning in late 2022 to early 2023, with part-time hours during the regular tax season that begins on February 21, 2023 and ends on April 30, 2023.
Serving residents of Port Rowan for more than 45 years, Krestel & Van Hamme is the bay area’s leading group of tax consultants for personal, non-profit, and corporate business services. We strive to help all our clients build a better financial future. From providing reliable tax filing to offering dependable advice, we are committed to delivering proven solutions.
- Prepare tax returns for individuals and small businesses by conducting in-depth interviews with clients, reviewing tax documents and financial records, and processing simple to complex income tax returns using our professional software system
- Process client pickups and payments and answer any client questions clearly, accurately, and with confidence
- Assist with eFile batch preparation and submission
- Complete various administrative tasks such as eFile audits, filing, data entry to internal ledgers, preparing and executing client reminder calls
- Ensure client confidentiality and privacy
The job is fast paced and requires an efficient, motivated, and experienced candidate.
- 2+ years of prior tax preparation experience with professional tax preparation software
- Completed course of study in tax preparation and/or accounting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate in person
- Previous experience in a customer service environment
- Knowledge and experience with a Windows based computer system
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Prior bookkeeping experience an asset
- Ability to prioritize workload and the flexibility to manage multiple tasks
- An accounting designation is not required